Job and Internship Opportunities
All Available Positions
Manager of Concert Marketing
The Boch Center is one of the nation’s leading nonprofit performing arts institutions and a guardian of Boston’s historic Wang and Shubert Theatres. Through numerous education and community outreach initiatives, collaborations, and partnerships, the Boch Center strives to inspire and ignite greater appreciation for art, culture, and creativity.
The Manager of Concert Marketing will be responsible for creating marketing plans, including advertising, promotions, social media and media buying, for concerts and events coming to the Boch Center Wang and Shubert Theatres. This individual will report to the Director of Marketing and Communications and work closely with both the VP/General Manager of Theater Services and Madison Square Garden Entertainment (MSGE) contacts for Wang Theatre shows. The Manager of Concert Marketing is an entrepreneurial, detail oriented, self-starter, team player, and strong communicator.
The ideal candidate has media buying experience and existing relationships with local media outlets (print, radio, television, digital, outdoor) and promotional partners of all kinds. The ideal candidate also has relevant experience in entertainment marketing and a working knowledge of the Greater Boston market.
Show-Marketing + Promotions
- Plans, implements and manages effective and efficient show-marketing campaigns.
- Tracks spends and allocates funds for individual show budgets, proactively monitors and adjusts plans as needed if shows are underperforming, and delivers timely reports.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with show promoters, co-promoters and presenters to insure successful results.
- Identifies and develops key promotional partners, and seeks opportunities for show-related promotional events, awareness-building initiatives, and other promotional activites.
- Responsible for delivering marketing materials to media partners.
- Works closely with the entire marketing and PR team in house and externally in cross-promoting relevant events.
- Is an excellent verbal and written communicator and negotiator who is committed to coordinating and sharing information between multiple partners.
- Assists in the development and fulfillment of sponsorship programs.
- Ensures institutional marketing objectives are met by external promoters and partners.
- Works on special projects, initiatives, and other institutional programs at the direction of the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- 5+ years of relevant entertainment marketing/advertising experience and a proven track record of success.
- A passion for and interest in the arts, music, and/or popular entertainment.
- An entrepreneurial and creative thinker and doer with strong verbal and written communications skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong network of media and promotional partners.
- Working knowledge of digital media strategies and tools.
- A proven ability to meet multiple deadlines and balance numerous projects while maintaining a perspective on long-term goals.
- Thick skin with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Cover letter
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. The Boch Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks diversity in its workforce.
Theatre Services Associate - Operations
The Theatre Services Associate, reporting to the Executive Assistant to the Vice President and General Manager and the Director of Theatre Operations of the Boch Center, will assist in various operations of the Theatre VIP ticketing process, Group Sales, House Management and general record keeping for the Theatre Services Department.
- Prior ticketing experience required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Ability to prioritize and work independently within deadlines
- Ability to make sound business decisions related to tasks
- Ability to work well within the Boch Center’s team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, to work effectively with customers, colleagues, donors and other constituents
- High level of customer service skills required
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Shubert Ticketing System, Ticketmaster, and other related software packages.
- Good Internet research skills
- Ability to work some nights & weekends
Essential Job Duties:
- Coordinate VIP seating for Boch Center venues/shows, including communicating availability and balancing inventory control of available seats to maximize effectiveness of seats for the Boch Center and the Attraction
- Maintain sponsorship and trade ticketing logs
- Provide occasional support to group ticket sales & customer service (phone coverage, payment/release of unpaid accounts, accurate orders & paperwork for Box Office, Front of House, and other guests.) as needed within the Theatre Services Department.
- Provide support for Ricoh copier and toner needs including tracking inventory, general maintenance and service calls.
- Provide support for Neopost postage machine needs including maintenance of funds, data entry, service calls and monthly financial reports.
- Provide support for monthly maintenance of Avaya system phone scripts
- Assist with Ticket Tracking for all Boch Wang Theatre Shows
- Assist with Payroll verification
- Maintain Usher Discipline and Usher Staffing tracking logs
- Disseminate usher staffing information to chief ushers
- Handle Lost and Found reconciliation forms and customer correspondence
- Handle patron complaints via phone, letter or web-site and log results
- File vendor contracts and reporting logs
- Assist with incident log reporting
- Assist with ASL performance contracts, check requests and customer correspondence
- Maintain Assisted Listening Device functionality, service and repair
- Perform all other duties customarily performed by a Theatre Services Associate, or as directed by the Employer
How to Apply:
Please forward resume and references to:
Anastasia Zay, Executive Assistant to the Vice President and General Manager
270 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02116
No Telephone Calls.
No open positions.
For more information, contact the specific department you are interested in for an internship description.
Theatre Services Internship – Fall 2017
The Boch Center is a nonprofit innovator and steward of iconic venues, providing arts, entertainment, cultural, and educational experiences to the greater community.
Boch Center is one of the nation’s foremost nonprofit performing arts institutions. As guardian of historic venues—the Wang and Shubert theatres—Boch Center honors all aspects of the arts. Through numerous community outreach educational efforts, collaborations, and partnerships, Boch Center strives to educate and inspire greater appreciation for creativity as an essential component to the fabric of our society.
The Boch Center is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in the workplace.
The Boch Center is looking for a student who would like to gain insight and experience in the non-profit arts world. The Theatre Services Intern will work closely with the Group Sales Department.
The ideal candidate is a student who is studying Arts Administration or a related field and would like to get involved in a large not-for-profit theatre and thrives in a busy fast paced environment.
Duration: September - December 2017
Hours: Part time flexible (8-16 hours a week)
Reports to: Director of Sales & Corporate Development
The ideal candidate is a student who is studying Arts Administration or a related field and would like to get involved in a large not-for-profit theatre and thrives in a busy fast paced environment. The candidate should have the ability to take ownership over projects and work proactively, have great attention to detail, be web and computer savvy and have a strong interest in arts and culture.
How To Apply: Please send a cover letter outlining your interest and a resume to email@example.com. Please include your name and “Theatre Services Internship” in the subject line. Applicants are encouraged to apply by August 21, 2017 for the Fall 2017 semester.
Apply by: August 21, 2017
Salary: This is an unpaid internship.
The Boch Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer