Job and Internship Opportunities
All Available Positions
No open positions
Theatre Services Associate - Operations
The Theatre Services Associate, reporting to the Executive Assistant to the Vice President and General Manager and the Director of Theatre Operations of the Boch Center, will assist in various operations of the Theatre VIP ticketing process, Group Sales, House Management and general record keeping for the Theatre Services Department.
- Prior ticketing experience required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Ability to prioritize and work independently within deadlines
- Ability to make sound business decisions related to tasks
- Ability to work well within the Boch Center’s team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, to work effectively with customers, colleagues, donors and other constituents
- High level of customer service skills required
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Shubert Ticketing System, Ticketmaster, and other related software packages.
- Good Internet research skills
- Ability to work some nights & weekends
Essential Job Duties:
- Coordinate VIP seating for Boch Center venues/shows, including communicating availability and balancing inventory control of available seats to maximize effectiveness of seats for the Boch Center and the Attraction
- Maintain sponsorship and trade ticketing logs
- Provide occasional support to group ticket sales & customer service (phone coverage, payment/release of unpaid accounts, accurate orders & paperwork for Box Office, Front of House, and other guests.) as needed within the Theatre Services Department.
- Provide support for Ricoh copier and toner needs including tracking inventory, general maintenance and service calls.
- Provide support for Neopost postage machine needs including maintenance of funds, data entry, service calls and monthly financial reports.
- Provide support for monthly maintenance of Avaya system phone scripts
- Assist with Ticket Tracking for all Boch Wang Theatre Shows
- Assist with Payroll verification
- Maintain Usher Discipline and Usher Staffing tracking logs
- Disseminate usher staffing information to chief ushers
- Handle Lost and Found reconciliation forms and customer correspondence
- Handle patron complaints via phone, letter or web-site and log results
- File vendor contracts and reporting logs
- Assist with incident log reporting
- Assist with ASL performance contracts, check requests and customer correspondence
- Maintain Assisted Listening Device functionality, service and repair
- Perform all other duties customarily performed by a Theatre Services Associate, or as directed by the Employer
How to Apply:
Please forward resume and references to:
Anastasia Zay, Executive Assistant to the Vice President and General Manager
270 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02116
No Telephone Calls.
Education AssociateThe Education Associate is an entry-level, full-time position to support the general administration of the Boch Center Education Department. This position is responsible for assisting in day-to-day implementation of all Education programs and department operations. Reports to Senior Director of Education and Associate Director of Education.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate financial systems for the department, including youth employee payroll for Teen Council and City Spotlights Summer Leadership Programs, check requests, tracking expenses, and staff reimbursements
- Coordinate department-wide schedule and space requirements
- Coordinate department-wide marketing needs with Associate Director of Education
- Coordinate employment paperwork for youth employees in Teen Council and City Spotlights Summer Leadership programs
- Coordinate guest speakers and Power Lunches with Senior Director of Education for City Spotlights Summer Leadership Program
- Assist in coordinating tour and outreach efforts for Teen Council and CS Summer Leadership Program with Community Relations and Education Associate
- Assist in planning activities and tour coordination for Interactive Readings: Stories Alive! Program
- Assist with coordinating Ticket Access program
- Assist with creating written collateral for the department, including monthly newsletters, department reports, email correspondence, rehearsal materials, etc.
- Support program evaluation and data collection for all Education Programs
- Supervise assigned office interns and Junior Assistants as needed
- Manage supply acquisition, organization, and inventory
- Maintain office archives and filing systems
- Work collaboratively with other Education staff members to create a supportive and productive environment
- Serve a teaching artist substitute as needed
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed
The ideal candidate should possess a broad range of attributes and experience, including:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a professional or educational setting
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field (arts education, arts management, education, non-profit administration, etc.) is preferred
- Professional knowledge and/or experience in the arts and/or arts education
- Strong writing & editing skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Professional experience in a not-for-profit environment preferred
- Proven reputation as a self-starting, motivated professional
- Experience working with youth
- Ability to work with elementary and high-school students
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Impeccable customer service & interpersonal skills
- Proven reliability & dependability
- Flexibility with work hours—some evenings and weekends involved
- Technical proficiency with computer programs, including: Word, Excel, Outlook, online services (Google Drive, Surveymonkey, Facebook)
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus
For more information, please contact Corey Evans, Senior Director of Education at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit cover letter, resume, and at least 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
August 18 or until filled
For more information, contact the specific department you are interested in for an internship description.
The Boch Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer