EFFECTIVE DATE: October 2, 2018
By visiting the Site, or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms & Conditions of service, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. The Boch Center Terms & Conditions of service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
The Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
Information We Collect from Third Parties. We may collect information about you from our third party service providers, such as ticketing agencies who sell tickets for events at the Boch Center, or providers of services that are available on our Site. For example, if you provide this information when you purchase tickets through one of our third party ticketing agencies, we may receive information about your gender, income, age and the type of device you used to make the purchase.
Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect the following information about your use of our Site or Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies: your domain name; your device ID; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site and use our Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your name, and other personal information. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, and personalize help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites and to assist us in evaluating the success of our advertising campaigns in various platforms.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personal information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.For example, we may share information with ticketing agencies who sell tickets to our events.We also may share your information with marketing agencies who perform services on our behalf.
- Event Promoters, Artists and Providers of Event-Related Services.If you purchase tickets to a show that is being promoted or co-promoted by a third party, we may provide them with information about you, including information we receive from our third party service providers such as your name, address and email address.If you purchase tickets to a show, we may also provide the artist with information about you, including information we receive from our third party service providers such as your name, address and email address. In addition, if you choose to purchase special services related to a particular event, we may share your information with the provider of those services.
We also share your information, including personal information, in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms & Conditions of service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which the Boch Center is involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
We do not share information with third party advertising companies who may use it for their own marketing purposes.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Services. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Clear GIFs, Pixel Tags and Other Technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Cross Device and Browser Use. We and our third party service providers may use the information that we collect about you (whether directly from you from our website, through your device(s), or from a third party) to help us and our third party service providers identify other devices that you use (e.g., a mobile phone, tablet, other computer). We, and our third party service providers, also may use the cross-device and browser tracking and other information we learn about you to serve targeted advertising on your devices and to send you emails. To opt-out of cross-device and browser advertising, you may follow the instructions set forth in the Third-Party Ad Networks section below. Please note: if you opt out of these targeted advertising cookies, your opt-out will be specific to the web browser or mobile device from which you accessed the opt-out. If you use multiple devices or browsers, you will need to opt out of each browser or device that you use.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Third-Party Ad Network section below.
Third-Party Ad Networks
In order to display more relevant advertising, to manage our advertising on third-party sites, mobile apps and online services and to measure and improve our ads and marketing efforts, we may work with third-party ad companies, including ad exchanges, channel partners, measurement services and ad networks, such as:
Custom Audiences and Matching. We may disclose certain information (such as your email address) to third parties, such as Facebook (more information on Facebook’s related policies is available here and at Facebook’s pages listed above), so that we can better target ads and content to our users, and others with similar interests on these third parties’ platforms or networks.
- Canada: www.youradchoices.ca
- U.S.: www.aboutads.info
Please note that opting-out of advertising network services does not mean that you will not receive advertising while using our Services or other services, nor will it prevent the receipt of interest-based advertising from third parties that do not participate in these programs.
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect. Please be aware that despite these measures, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Children Under 13
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Site or Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site, at bochcenter.org/about-us/privacy-policy. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site, or notifying you by email.